Pokémon Camp - Summer 2023
Pokémon Camp - Summer 2023
Raptor Games presents an engaging and educational Pokémon camp focused exclusively on trading card games, where young trainers can hone their card-playing skills, meet fellow enthusiasts, and immerse themselves in the world of Pokémon TCG.
The Pokémon Camp will run on Wednesday’s during the Queensland Summer School Holidays, on the 6th, 13th, 20th December 2023 and 3rd, 10th, 17th January 2024. The daily session will be from 9am to 3pm.
The camp is open to children between the ages of 7 and 16 who have an interest in Pokémon TCG.
What to Bring:
- Water bottle, lunch and snacks
- Personal Pokémon cards for trading and personal decks for battling (if the participant wishes to use their own)
- Medications if required
Facilities and Materials:
- Venue: 74 Florence Street, Wynnum QLD 4178. The store will be closed to the public for the duration of the camp.
- Seating and Tables: Comfortable seating and tables to accommodate the participants.
- Pokémon Cards: Provide a variety of Pokémon TCG cards for participants to use during the camp.
- Trainer Kits: Offer Pokémon Trainer Kits for beginners.
- Prizes: Value of $20RRP of Pokémon-related gifts is included for each participant for tournaments and activities.
- Educational Materials: Pokémon TCG rulebooks and strategy guides.
Registration and Fees:
Participants will need to pre-register for the camp with a set fee of $110 per participant to cover materials, prizes, and staff costs.
Morning Session (2.5 hours):
- Introduction to Pokémon TCG: Start with an overview of the game, its history, and basic rules.
- Deck Building 101: Teach participants the fundamentals of deck construction, card selection, and synergy. Participants will engage in deck-building exercises to improve their deck construction skills.
- Show-and-Tell: Participants can showcase their favourite cards and explain their strategies to the group.
- Arts and Crafts: Create playmats and tokens for the game.
Lunch: (1 hour):
- Allow a break for lunch, snacks and socializing.
- Supervised trading to build their decks and collections.
Afternoon Session (2.5 hours):
- Advanced Gameplay: Delve into more advanced tactics, including energy management, evolution lines, and strategy development.
- Tournaments and Matches: Organize small Pokémon TCG tournaments where participants can compete and apply their skills. Educate participants on Organized Play protocol and etiquette, to ensure all players are respected and feel welcome.
- Prizes and Awards: Recognize participants' achievements with Pokémon-themed prizes and certificates.
- Q&A and Review: Provide time for questions and a review of the day's lessons.
Safety and Supervision:
- Ensure a safe and supervised environment with adult staff members present at all times.
- Adherence to our child and youth risk management strategy.
- All staff members have the appropriate Blue Card as per the Working with Children (Risk Management and Screening) Act 2000.
The Raptor Games Pokémon Camp - Trading Card Edition aims to provide an engaging and enriching experience for young Pokémon TCG enthusiasts. By focusing exclusively on the trading card aspect of Pokémon, participants will improve their skills, make new friends, and foster a deeper connection with the world of Pokémon. This camp will be a fantastic opportunity for young trainers to immerse themselves in the Pokémon TCG community and develop a lasting love for the game.
NDIS Participants, Support Workers and Plan Managers can claim our invoices under NDIS Support for Increased Social & Community Participation. The appropriate codes will be provided on the invoice.